Friday, February 13, 2009

Matthew's Fairytale Ball

Yesterday was Matthew's Fairytale Ball at school. They have been practicing their bows and dancing for weeks...it's the biggest event of the year for the 4 year olds. Poor little fella...guess who came down with the flu that morning? Yes, sweet Matthew. My little knight didn't get to go to the Fairytale Ball. He was disappointed but quickly cheered up when we decided that Molly and Mommy would go and video tape the whole thing. When we first got there, I went into his class and everyone told Matthew how much they missed him and how they wished he was there...he loved that part of the video! At the beginning of the Ball, all of the kids came out as couples and were announced as knights and princesses. When his name was announced, they said again how very sorry they were that he was not able to attend. After the introductions the kids ate lunch and then danced at the Ball. It was so funny to watch. When Molly and I got home we set up his lunch and put the video in for him to watch so that he would feel like he was a part of the Fairytale Ball. He loved it! Afterwards we opened all of his Valentines from his classmates. It turned out to be a pretty good day afterall...until the fever kicked in! Here are a few pictures from the Fairytale Ball at school and our version at home! I still need to take pictures of him in his knight costume and post those. We'll do that when he gets well!

Their Fancy Table

Matthew's Seat

All of his classmates eating at the Fairytale Ball


Look at them dance...I was impressed!

This was the only picture I got of Molly...I was feeding her snacks the whole time to keep her happy!

Matthew was so excited when I got home

He started feeling a little worse when we were opening his Valentines

Here's the poor little guy feeling his worst. Luckily today he is feeling much better!

No comments: