Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Matthew's first day of First Grade!

Matthew had his first day of First Grade yesterday! He is at a new school this year that is right down the road from our house. He loved his teacher and school last year, so mommy was really nervous about his first day at the neighborhood school! He was such a big boy and didn't act nervous at all walking in to school. Richard was able to go in to work late, so the four of us headed to Ms. B's class together! He went straight to his cubby and put away his backpack, then sat down at his desk. We talked him into a few pictures, but could tell we weren't going to get too many. I think he might have been a little embarrassed! Richard came home early so he could walk to the school with me and Molly to pick Matthew up. Matthew came out all smiles and said he had a great day! Hearing that calmed my nerves and let me know that he was going to be just fine! On his second day of school, he begged to ride his bike to school. Molly and I followed behind with the jogging stroller. I think we are going to like being within walking distance to school! I am so proud of Matthew. I know he is going to do great this year. I hope his teacher is blessed by him just like we are!


















No comments: