Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Weekend in Arkansas!

 We had a great weekend in Arkansas over Labor Day!  We left Texas after Molly's "Meet the Teacher" on Friday and got to Nana and Papa Doc's around 4:30.  Kara brought the boys down to spend the night...so fun.  We had pizza, played outside, went swimming and celebrated Ben and Richard's birthdays.  Richard even got to have dinner with his long time friend and mentor, Dr. Dawkins.  It was great getting to see him...he hasn't changed a bit!  After cake, Papa Doc gave the kids their t-shirts that he got them on his motorcycle trip to Canada.  The boys had shirts from Nova Scotia with a moose playing ice hockey and Molly's shirt said, "That's it...I'm calling grandma!".  By the time we got the kids in bed, I think we were all exhausted!  
 



On Saturday, we headed up to Little Rock.  My cousin, Stephanie, is getting married in October, so I went to the bridesmaid lunch and Richard took the kids to see Mamaw Ann and Papaw Don.  The kids had a great time seeing their great grandparents and even had some US Pizza...yum!  We only have two pictures (and they are a bit blurry) from their visit because I put Richard in charge of pictures! 



While they were having fun with their great grandparents, I was having fun with the girls! We had such a special day celebrating Stephanie. Aunt Donna did a great job with the lunch and made us all feel so special. Kara and I are honored to be a part of her wedding and can't wait for the big day! Molly is also excited...she will be the flower girl! After the luncheon, we headed over to Memaw and Papa Harrington's house to see them. Richard and the kids met us there and we had a big time entertaining them! Lets just say that there are many hidden talents between all of us! Papa also played the harmonica for us...always a treat.









 The bridesmaids got these beautiful earrings for the wedding...I love them!



Aunt Donna surprised us all with these super cute purses...what a treat!

On Sunday we went to Hot Springs to see more family!  Mamaw Shelia and Papaw Guy had everyone over for barbeque.  It was delicious!  After lunch, we celebrated Richard's birthday and topped it off with banana pudding and chocolate pie.  I think we were spoiled with all the good desserts!  The kids had fun playing with their cousins and Matthew got to play baseball with Papaw!  





Thanks to everyone for such a special, memorable weekend! We love you all so much and are blessed beyond measure!  Thanks for putting up with the Williams crew from Texas!

No comments: