Wednesday, October 28, 2015

San Diego trip

Richard and I had a wonderful week in San Diego (thanks to Nana and Papa Doc for watching the kids)!  Richard had a Managing Directors meeting and spouses were invited to attend.  We ended up going out a day early to stay in San Diego before heading up to La Costa in Carlsbad.  We had so much fun seeing the Gaslamp district and the area by the bay by way of pedicab!  Our driver was very knowledgeable about the history of the city - such an interesting tour.  The next day we headed to Carlsbad to the Omi La Costa.  This place was beautiful!  I can't believe I didn't get more pictures.  Richard was busy the whole time with meetings and I would join for lunches, dinners and the community service project.  I spent some of my free time shopping, walking to the beach and going to the spa.  Such a treat!  Richard and I also had an afternoon where we got to choose our activity.  We chose to go to the San Diego Wildlife Preserve.  It was great.  We got to feed giraffes and hippos.  Crazy.  My favorite event of the week was our community service project.  All 400 of us went to a local school and spent the afternoon building, gardening, painting, crafting and playing with the kids.  When we arrived, the whole school was outside holding up signs while cheering and thanking us.  We ran through the students giving high fives.  They were so thankful.   Special memories for sure.
 
Padres Stadium in the heart of downtown




 This is a picture of one of the buildings at La Costa and the golf course

 Here is a small view of the kids welcoming us at the school
 
Each night they had a photo booth set up for pictures.  This was our best picture...just wish we didn't have the sign!  Richard had to pick a word that he thought of when he thought of Protiviti.  He picked loyalty.

The beach was beautiful (but the water was super cold!)

 
San Diego Wildlife Preserve






 
We had a wonderful week.  So thankful for the opportunity and for wonderful grandparents that could make the trip to love on my kiddos and get them to all of their activities!

No comments: