Nana and Papa Doc came for a visit December 6-9. We couldn't wait to see them! On Sunday night we had tickets to go to the Christmas program at Prestonwood. Before the program, Richard treated us to dinner at Oceanaire, a nice restaurant at the Galleria. Typically we go to our same 'ole spots, but Richard wanted to take them somewhere special...now, I am so glad he did. Dad really enjoyed his shrimp and grits! Here are a few pictures we took after dinner. Love this one...
The Christmas program was amazing. So glad Nana and Papa Doc got to go with us. Definitely puts you in the Christmas spirit.
On Monday after school, I took Nana, Papa Doc and the kids to the Gaylord to see Santa. I couldn't believe it...we barely had to wait! After that we walked around the Gaylord looking at the beautiful Christmas decorations.
This is the last picture I have with my dad. Definitely a treasure.
Dad thought this tricycle was awesome. We took a picture to send to Mar-Mar and Jim letting them know it would be a good gift for James. Can you see silly Papa Doc in the background?
Another picture I will treasure of Nana and Papa Doc. So, so thankful for this.
We spent our last day Christmas shopping while the kids were in school and ended the night with all of us having dinner at Anamias. Funny story....while at dinner I had a special gift for mom and dad. I told them I had something for them and wanted to give it to them because I would be mailing Kara hers the next day. As I handed it over, dad got a huge smile on his face. It ended up being an ornament I had made that was "In loving memory of Honey and Rock". He totally thought we were announcing that we were pregnant! Funny dad, real funny!
As I look back, I am so thankful for this trip they made to Dallas just two weeks before his passing. I am also thankful for the week they stayed with our kids in October while we were in San Diego. What precious time my kids got to spend with their Nana and Papa Doc. I specifically remember dad really enjoying going to all of Matthew's sports practices and mom and dad talking about how much fun they had with the kids. Priceless.

No comments:
Post a Comment