Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Papa Harrington's 93rd Birthday Celebration!

On July 8, my Papa Harrington turned 93! I can't believe it...he certainly doesn't act like he is that old! I am so proud of him and the life he has lived. He still preaches every Sunday, loves to fish, drives all over Little Rock and is the Chaplain in the community where he lives. He is such a blessing to our family and I am glad I got to be a part of his celebration (and my cousin's...they share the same birthday)! At first I was really sad because I was going to miss this gathering and I really wanted to be there! My sweet husband told me I could take the kiddos and go if it meant that much to me...I am so glad he did! He was leaving for Puerto Rico a few days later, so I know it was hard for him to let us go. I called my mom the night before we left...that's how quick this trip was planned! While I was there, I got to see a good friend from high school and meet her sweet little girl. It was great getting to see them and we even got to celebrate Darby Kate's second birthday with her! Thanks for coming to see us Jodi!

Memaw and Papa Harrington with all the great-grandkids
I absolutely adore this picture!

Stephanie reading to Molly

Triple Trouble...

Aunt Mary reading to Cole and Molly

The birthday duo!

The little kiddos enjoying some cake

Uncle Tim taking Molly and Ben on a tractor ride

Nate, Matthew and Zac on the slide at Papa Doc's

Molly feeding her baby

Molly and Ben

Nate and Matthew

Darby Kate and Molly

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Hey girl -- we had a fun time playing! Thanks so much for giving us a call when ya'll came to town! Love the pics (I'm running behind on mine -- as usual)

Take care -- hope we can get together again soon!

:) jodi