Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas 2011 - Part 2

We had a wonderful Christmas in Arkansas with our family! We started off the holidays at Nana and Papa Doc's house for our first round of Christmas. Nana had stew for us on our "Christmas Eve" and lots of yummy desserts. Kara, Tim and the kids spent the night at Nana's too. The kids were all up first thing in the morning ready to open presents! It is always so much fun watching their reactions to the presents they receive. Molly got a "Baby Alive" from Nana and Papa Doc...one of the only things she asked for this Christmas! She was so excited because she can feed this baby and it uses the potty! Matthew was thrilled with his BB gun and laser tag. We spent the rest of the day playing with the toys they got, ate a delicious meal that Nana cooked and finished the day with the Christmas Eve service at church. I love the traditional Christmas hymns...really brings to life the true meaning of Christmas.












This is Molly's reaction when she realized she got a Baby Alive!


There she is folks...











Papa Doc even surprised Nana with a tablet!


Papa and Nana got Molly her first necklace. It has the letter "M" on it.


Molly feeding her Baby Alive




On Christmas morning we drove to Hot Springs to have Christmas with the Williams side of the family at lunch. This is always such a fun time with all the cousins! We had another yummy meal and lots of presents to open. I enjoyed snuggling with the newest addition to the Williams crew...baby Reese. We missed Casey but are excited he will be returning from Afghanistan next month!










After Christmas with the Williams, we headed down the street to celebrate with the Ball side of the family! Oh, and can I tell you how delicious the meal was that Mamaw Shelia cooked??? She cooked deer steaks and it was divine! I think I know where I gained my "holiday pounds"! We had another fun eveing of opening presents and enjoying conversations. I just love the holidays and the traditions and memories that are made. Matthew is thrilled with the electric scooter he got from Mamaw and Papaw...he rides it around the neighborhood every day!



I can't believe another year has passed. Christmas was wonderful and we are so thankful for the time we got to spend with family. Merry Christmas!




















My little "santa" cuties!


No comments: