Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas 2011 - Part 1

Christmas is always such a fun, busy, and exciting time! Every December 1st, our "Elf on the Shelf" appears and keeps an eye on the kids until Christmas Eve...making sure they are on their best behavior so he can let Santa know if they should be on the good list or the naughty list. Matthew named our elf Dodie when we first got him. So, Dodie made his appearance and did not disappoint this year! He managed to show up in a different place every day. Our favorite memories of Dodie this season were when we found him ziplining (forgot to take a picture), drawing on our family picture with a marker, riding a reindeer and hanging on the lights in the bathroom. Silly elf!








On Christmas morning here in Texas, the kids could not wait to see what Santa had brought them. I think Matthew woke Molly up this year. We took pictures on the stairs and got ready to head down! Santa must have thought they were on the "good list" because he sure was good to them!









Love it...this is them seeing their Santa surprises when they got down the stairs!


Santa and the reindeer must have been hungry. We even found carrot pieces out in the front yard!


Matthew found "Sarge" in his stocking




Molly got a doggie from mommy and daddy...


and a new gymnastics suit!




Molly loved the bank her brother got her!


Matthew was super excited to get an i touch from mommy and daddy...he has been begging for one for a year!






I think we all had a great morning!


This is Matthew testing out his new remote control motorcycle...another top request!


Before bed on Christmas, we sang "Happy Birthday, Jesus" and read the Christmas story. We are so thankful for our Savior and rejoice in the true meaning of Christmas.


Matthew decided to move the candles. He put one in each corner for each member of our family. Then he put one in the middle of the heart for Jesus. Jesus wants us to love him with all of our heart!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I found your blog from a link on Amy and DW's. I love your Christmas post. Your kids look like they had a great Christmas morning, and I love the idea of a cake for Jesus!! I'll have to remember that one for next year. I have a blog, also, if you want to check it out. The link is jacobfamilyalbum.blogspot.com
Feel free to leave a comment ~ I'd love to hear what you think.

~Amy Jacob