This Fall we started our first season of kid-pitch. The coaches did a great job warning us about how different this Fall would be compared to previous seasons. The boys can steal bases now, there are possibilities of outs for dropped third strikes by the catcher, signs for the pitches and hits...it is a lot for 9 year olds to learn and focus on! Surprisingly, the kids have done an amazing job and the games have been much more exciting than expected! Matthew has loved pitching and playing catcher. I love it when he shakes off pitches the catcher calls...I mean, how many pitches do you guys know? I also love it when the catcher goes out to talk to the pitcher. I always wonder what in the world they are talking about! Super cute. His favorite position outside of pitching and catching is still second base. He has done a great job for the Cowboys! The first tournament we played in was at Texas Star. We didn't finish out on top, but it was great experience for the boys. We played the two best teams in the metroplex for our first two games ever of kid-pitch. Talk about starting off with a bang!
as we enter adulthood...
4 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment