What a fun 40th! Several of my friends took me to dinner the weekend of my birthday. Richard and Molly were on the daddy-daughter campout, so they made sure I had fun on my last day of my 30's!We had dinner at Del Friscos Grille in Southlake. It was great! Little did I know, this was all a ploy to keep me from knowing that Richard had a big surprise party planned for me the following weekend! My friend Cristy kept asking if Richard had anything planned and saying she couldn't believe he didn't have any kind of a celebration on the calendar. I honestly thought, with everything that had happend since Christmas, we were just going to do something low-key or go on a trip later. Little did I know what was to come!
Dinner at Del Friscos...
Kaylea had me "borrow" her glasses to read the cards!
On the morning of my actual birthday, my sweet friend, Cristy and her son and daughter took me and Matthew to breakfast at a local diner. They brought me a balloon and a tiara. They know how to make a girl feel special! When Richard and Molly got home from the campout, we opened cards (I adore homemade cards!) and Molly gave me a mani-pedi. We agreed that we would wait and have cake and really celebrate the following weekend when the Oosterhous crew came for a visit. We would celebrate my birthday and Zac's birthday.
The weekend following my actual 40th, Kara and her kiddos came for a visit! We packed a lot of fun into just a few days! On Saturday night, we had gotten a sitter for the kids and planned for the three of us to go have dinner at Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord. Cristy had called to ask us to drop something off at their house (they were having a company "party") and wanted us to come in to meet someone. Kara and I stood outside the door arguing who was going to go in. Some of the people inside overheard me saying, "I'm not going in...I don't even know these people!". Funny. As soon as I walked in I said, "I DO know these people!". It took me a minute to realize Nicole had flown in from El Paso and Melissa had driven in from Fayetteville! I was so surprised and excited to see so many of the people I love in one room! After visiting with everyone for a bit...they told me to go outside and that the party was moving on! We all loaded up in a big party bus and headed to downtown Ft. Worth.
The party bus was so much fun! Julianne and Courtney were in charge of the music and played some "Old School" stuff...it was awesome! We arrived at Lonesome Dove Western Bistro at the Stockyards in Ft. Worth. This bistro was opened by a well know chef, Tim Love, and the food did not disappoint! Richard rented out a party room in the basement of the restaurant and hired Cowboy musicians to play during the night. The night seemed to fly by, visiting with friends, watching a slideshow Richard had put together (with the help of several others!) and blowing out the candles on my AMAZING cake! It was delicious! That boy out-did himself! One of the highlights of the night was when Cristy presented me with a book of letters from several of my girlfriends. Super special. I am so blessed with great friends, wonderful family and a husband that loves me so much! If the next forty years are anything like the first forty, then I have a lot to look forward to!
#blessed


























No comments:
Post a Comment