Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The children were nestled, all snug in their beds...

Since we travel for Christmas, we always write Santa a special letter to ask him to come to our house a little early. We have him come as close to Christmas as we can. Guess what happens tonight? Santa comes! I would like to say that these pictures of my sweet babies sleeping are authentic, but the truth is...they pretended to be asleep so I could get a picture. As I type, I hear little feet running back and forth upstairs. Hopefully they will drift off to sleep soon. We had a great "Christmas Eve". The kids made Christmas ornanments and colored Christmas pictures for Santa. They even helped mommy bake some goodies for Christmas! We made reindeer food, puppy chow, a Happy Birthday Jesus cake and a yummy Pioneer Woman french toast breakfast dish for tomorrow morning. Oh...and we can't forget the cookies for Santa! Matthew said Santa would prefer homemade cookies...so we made some delicious homemade cookies for Santa! We also put out exactly 18 carrots for the reindeer. Matthew thought they each needed two. I feel terrible, but our letters to Santa never got mailed. I assured the kids that Santa knew their list because I passed along their wishlist. However, we decided that we would let our elf, Dodie, take their letters straight to Santa tonight before he makes the trip here. Fun times at the Williams house! After a long day of Christmas fun, we ordered pizza and watched The Grinch! I love how innocent children are and the joy they bring to this holiday. We are so thankful for the birth of our Saviour and I pray we never forget the true meaning of Christmas.





A little art fun!



Sonic drinks and pizza...does it get better than that?


Food for Santa and the reindeer!




Molly's letter to Santa


Matthew's letter to Santa


Somehow I have misplaced Matthew's pajama top...I hope to find it before morning!




Silly goose!

No comments: