Monday, December 17, 2012

Nana and Papa Come for a Visit!

Nana and Papa Doc came for a visit the first weekend in December.  As always, we couldn't wait for them to come...we had a busy weekend planned!  Friday night, after we all went to dinner, mom and I went to the Women of Faith Conference at my church.  It was amazing!  We got to see Point of Grace, Kari Jobe and Anthem Lights perform and heard Francis Chan speak.  It was such a great night and I was so thankful to be there with my mom. 

 On Saturday we headed to Grapevine for lunch on Main Street and a Santa party hosted by a friend of ours.  The kids had a great time and got to see Santa twice.  The Santa party was followed by a trip to Bass Pro Shops, of course!










 
 Saturday night Richad and I had his company Christmas party.  Nana and Papa Doc watched the kids and let us spend the night away...such a nice 24 hour getaway with my husband!  So sad I didn't even get a picture with him while we were all dressed up...oh well.  While we were gone, Nana and Papa took the kids to McDonalds (per their request) and Petco.  They had a blast and played games until bedtime.  I think they all had a good time without us!

On Sunday we headed to the mall for some fun!  After a little shopping, the men went to see a movie while the kids and I went iceskating.  Nana was our cheerleader on the sidelines.  After iceskating, we decided we had earned a treat and all headed to the cookie store.  Yum.  After more shopping and playing, we headed out and had dinner at Cantina Laredo and topped the night off with a few Christmas lights.  I think we were all worn out by bedtime. 



 Thanks for a wonderful weekend, Nana and Papa Doc!

No comments: