This is one of Molly's favorite nights of the year...the daddy-daughter dance. This is Molly's third year to have this special date with her daddy. I know someday Molly will look back on these special nights and be reminded what a treasure she is to her daddy.
I love this song...it makes me think about how her daddy is her number one right now...the boy that has her heart. I am so thankful he is showing her what true love is.
Look at the two of you dancing that way
Lost in the moment and each others face
So much in love your alone in this place
Like there's nobody else in the world
I was enough for her not long ago
I was her number one
She told me so
And she still means the world to me
Just so you know
So be careful when you hold my girl
Time changes everything
Life must go on
And I'm not gonna stand in your way
But I loved her first and I held her first
And a place in my heart will always be hers
From the first breath she breathed
When she first smiled at me
I knew the love of a father runs deep
And I prayed that she'd find you someday
But it still hard to give her away
I loved her first...
On the afternoon of the dance, I took Molly and her friend Kylee to get their hair, nails and makeup done at Sweet and Sassy. This is the first time we haven't done it all ourselves! The girls had so much fun. Molly picked out green nail polish and pink eyeshadow (definitely not mommy's pick...but I let her choose for her special night!). After we got back to our house, I got the girls ready and we waited for daddy and Mr. Mark to let us know they were ready. I wish you could have seen the expression on their faces when they walked down the stairs and saw their daddys all dressed up and holding roses. This was Molly's first time to receive a bouquet of flowers. It was a precious moment...the pictures give you a little glimpse of that! Richard and Mark also had a new charm for their charm bracelet that had a heart with "Dad" in the middle. After lots of pictures, they headed to LaHacienda Ranch for dinner with another dad and his girls.
This was "before"...
Getting her green nails painted
This is "after"!
This was the girls seeing their daddy...
Richard and Mark were telling them how beautiful they were...their expressions were priceless.
I love how Molly is looking up adoringly at her daddy
The girls were opening their charms to add to the bracelets they started for them two years ago at their first dance
LOVE...
Pure joy. She is having the best time with her daddy.
Topping the night off with Tappy's yogurt!

No comments:
Post a Comment