Kara, Melissa and I all headed out to Vail for a little skiing at the end of January. We had the best time...just like the "old days"! All of our husbands took care of the kids and let us enjoy some girl time. The first night we had dinner at a great Mexican restaurant near our hotel. After walking around in the Lions Head area, we headed back to our hotel to get ready for our first day of skiing. Poor Melissa woke up the next morning with a stomach bug. Needless to say, she did not ski with us the first day...she stayed in bed. She was such a trooper and recovered in time to ski with us our second day.
The first day of skiing we had perfect weather. It was clear and it wasn't windy at all. Kara and I took it pretty easy and skiied mostly blue runs and a few blacks. After a full day we headed out to have pizza at Blue Moose. I don't think either of us lacked for conversation...it was great getting to catch up with my sis! Of course, we topped off the night with a little chocolate and a TV show I just can't bring myself to name...I think our IQ dropped while watching it, but it gave us lots of belly laughs!
On our second day of skiing, Kara and I headed up on the mountain early and planned to meet Melissa later in the morning after she got her rentals and had some breakfast. We ended up on a beautiful trail that took us all the way to the back bowls. The only problem was that a big snow storm blew in right when we got to the lift that takes you to the top of the bowl! Somehow, in white-out conditions, we made it to a restaurant on top of the mountain and warmed up with some hot cocoa and then met Melissa. We had lunch on the mountain and had a fun afternoon of skiing. That night we ate at a restaurant in Vail Village, shopped and topped the night off with delicious cupcakes and girl talk back at the room.
The next day we had brunch before heading to the airport to go home. After a delay due to a snowstorm in Vail and tornadoes/thunderstorms in Texas and Arkansas...we finally were cleared to leave Colorado before the next snowstorm moved it. It was a bumpy flight and we were all thankful to land safely. I had so much fun with these girls. I am so thankful for our friendship that has lasted over thirty years!!!
This was the view from our balcony
Brrr...this was when we were stuck at the bowl!
There she is...Melissa finally made it to the mountain to ski!

No comments:
Post a Comment