Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday Morning Fun!

Well, what else is there to do on a Monday morning but play in the mud? Matthew had a great time playing in his "mud pit" this morning. For those of you that are jealous of us getting rain, don't be. This "mud pit" was created by Matthew! Believe it or not, it wasn't too hot this morning, so he enjoyed some time outside. This heat is about to send us over the edge! Speaking of heat, our air went out last night...great timing, I know. Yesterday we reached 104 degrees. Luckily a repair man agreed to come by last night around 11:00 and did something to make it work until he could come back this morning and replace a part. We only reached 84 degrees in the house, but it sure made me appreciate our air conditioning! I am sure a new unit is in our near future!

Things have been quite busy lately. Last week Matthew went to "Pump It Up" camp on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. He had a great time! He went with two of his friends from school. They painted, made projects out of clay, bounced in the bouncehouses, slid down slides, played games, watched movies and ate pizza! As you can imagine, he thought it was great. This allowed me to fit in a few appointments...those are hard to schedule these days with Richard traveling so much! We also found time for swimming and having lunch with friends. We are so proud of Matthew...just last week he started really trying to swim! He swims about 4 or 5 strokes with his head under water. He is even jumping off the side of the pool and swimming to me. This is a major improvement! He says he is trying to swim like Batman...hey, whatever works! Molly continues to love the water and doesn't seem to mind getting splashed in the face or the occasional dunk under water. She and I got to have some fun time together last week while Matthew was in camp - I really enjoyed that. She is such a sweetheart! Oh, and we did get Matthew's allergy test results...he is still allergic to eggs. We are planning to do an egg challenge sometime soon, so I will keep you posted on the outcome of that test. Hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenny, you have the most beautiful and fun little kiddos! I'm sorry to hear that Matthew is still allergic to eggs. Poor guy...and poor Jenny. Meal planning is the bane of my existence. I cannot imagine having to factor food allergies into the mix. ; )

Kara Oosterhous said...

Can't wait to see those cutie pies and their mama! Love, boo