August was a busy month filled with lots of swimming, playing in the sandbox, Adventure Camp, and just hanging out at the house trying to stay cool! Oh, and I can't forget...our first lemonade stand. I don't know where Matthew got the idea, but he was determined to have a lemonade stand. I was afraid we would not have any "buyers", so I called the sweet older couple next door to tell them Matthew would be selling lemonade. I thought he would think it was worth it if we had at least one customer. Our sweet neighbor called three other retired couples in our neighborhood and they all came over to buy lemonade. We even had a few random people stop by for some ice cold lemonade. Daddy drove up and bought the last cup. All in all, I was pretty impressed with our little sale and Matthew was thrilled with the $4.50 he made! All this made me think of the many times I sold lemonade on 26th street in the fancy lemonade stand dad built for us! Matthew's stand wasn't nearly as nice, but it worked and my boy was happy!
Sweet Kate helping out with Molly
Many hours were spent in this sandbox that was frequently turned into a mud pit.
Molly having some fun painting outside
My two pumpkins in the bath!

No comments:
Post a Comment