Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Molly!

Molly officially turned two years old on October 16...I can't believe it! We had her big birthday celebration a few weeks before, so I know she was confused when we told her it was her birthday again! Matthew helped me make some egg-free cupcakes for her birthday. Notice the batter all over his mouth...he said he needed to make sure it tasted okay for Molly! Her actual birthday was a little crazy with daddy's work, Matthew's school, soccer practice and a t-ball game...so Matthew, Molly and I had a "mini party" that afternoon but waited until Saturday to open presents and have puppy dog cake with daddy.


Matthew helping make Molly's birthday cupcakes

Happy Birthday Molly!

She blew out the candle (with a little help from bubby!)

Present time!

Shoes...I love shoes!

I love my new art easel

You're actually going to let me paint?

Matthew was entertaining her while mommy was getting the cake ready...she adores him.

Molly and the puppy dog cake she picked out (we went to get a ladybug, but they were all out)

Make a wish!

My sweet Molly,
You are such a blessing to this family! You bring sunshine to this house everyday and can light up a room with that precious smile. You absolutely adore your brother and miss him so much while he is at school. You often ask for bubby to kiss your boo-boos and want to "hold you bubby" when you are upset. Each and every day you are learning new things. Your daddy and I love it when you ask to "love on mommy" or "love on daddy". You say the cutest things these days. I hope I never forget the sweet way you say "I no know" (I don't know) or "Oh, yes!" with such enthusiasm! You love being outside and are quite adventurous when it comes to slides, swings and monkey bars! You are frequently caught doing forward rolls around the house and climbing in places you shouldn't be! You love playing with your babies, having tea parties and reading books...especially the "lift the flap" books. When it is nice outside you like to take your babies for walks in the baby stroller and check the mail. You are such a social butterfly and love playing with others. Peek-a-boo is still a favorite game of yours and you get so tickled when you think I can't find you. Your laugh is contagious...you and Matthew can laugh forever over nothing! You are showing your independence and often say, "Molly do it". Yes, we do have to use the "time out" chair from time to time, but you always come out with the sweetest "sorry mommy" which makes time out kind-of worth it sometimes! You are a very good sleeper and always wake up in a good mood. You are now sleeping in your "big girl" bed and love your new found independence. Sometimes I will hear you reading to your baby, playing your piano, or unloading your dresser drawers (mommy is not a fan of that!). Eventually, you always climb up into bed without fussing and go to sleep. Such a sweetheart. You are talking up a storm and frequently speak in complete sentences. When you are talking to me or daddy, you often put your hands on our cheeks and turn our head to you to make sure we are listening to you! You know lots of body parts, several colors, follow simple 1-2 step directions, and can count to eleven. Your favorite treat is a popsicle, which you refer to as a "begapsicle". Every day is a blessing with you and we look forward to what this next year will bring.

1 comment:

wilsonfamily said...

Happy Birthday, pretty girl! Hope you had a great one.