Thursday, August 19, 2010

Matthew's First Day of Kindergarten!

I cannot believe the day finally came...my sweet Matthew started Kindergarten! He is going to a private Christian school this year and we feel so blessed that that is where he is. He has a wonderful teacher and a full time aide (who is from Lake Hamilton...woo-hoo!) teaching his class of eighteen kids. He was excited about going, but I think a little anxious too. Richard was able to go with us to take Matthew to school on his first day. We tried to get several pictures, but Matthew was ready to get to his desk and start working (and I think he was a little embarrassed!). We waved goodbye and headed to the boo-hoo/yahoo breakfast. Believe it or not, I held it together until Molly and I started walking ini the parking lot. I just can't believe the past six years have gone by so fast. Matthew is such and outgoing and sweet kid...I knew he would do just fine. However, I was anxious all day wondering how he was doing and what he thought about school. I really prayed that he would meet some sweet friends and just love school. I am so proud of the young man he is becoming and can't wait to see what the future holds for him. When I got in carpool line to pick him up he grinned from ear to ear when he saw me. That is when I knew that he was okay and my heart smiled. He told me he met three friends and played tag at recess with them. He said he really liked school, but that the day was a little too long. That was followed by this question..."How long until summer break?". Oh boy buddy...it is a long time from now! He finished up his second day today and said it was even better than the first. As sad as I am that my boy is growing up, I must say that I love watching him learn, make friends and try new things. This is going to be a great year. Oh...and we have stayed on green both days for our behavior. Gotta love that!

Pancakes in bed for the first day of Kindergarten!

I know...the backpack is just about as big as he is!

We had to get a picture of the kids with Mr. Tim on the first day of Kindergarten. Matthew started Kindergarten while living in the Marriott...had to remember that!

I only posted this because you can just see the excitement on Matthew's face...he was so glad mommy made him take this picture.

Matthew with the Headmaster of the school

Matthew and his teacher

Matthew and the aide in his class

2 comments:

The Pitts Family said...

awwhhh! He's such a cutie! Glad he is liking school! LOVIN the pig tails, Molly girl!

wilsonfamily said...

Glad to hear it went well! The kiddos are too cute! Thanks for sharing the pics.