Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy 7th Birthday, Matthew!

I can't believe my boy turned seven! Matthew decided he wanted to have a pirate swim party at the house...so that is what we did! We had a pool full of boys...can you imagine the craziness? They had a blast swimming, hitting the pinata, eating and acting like pirates! We are blessed with such great friends and I think Matthew would agree that he had a great birthday celebration here in Texas!


Matthew's party favors...pirate cups and pirates booty snacks. Matthew even drew a pirate picture to put on display for all his crew.

This was the hit of the party...a pirate ship. The boys spent most of the time climbing on the ship and pushing each other off. Luckily, we made it through the party with no injuries!

Eating pizza with AJ


As my friend Melissa would say...the boys were "chillaxin"








The birthday boy ordered chocolate pirate cupcakes...yum!




Pinata time!


Daddy made the boys wait while the little girls got to pick up some candy!


Presents for Pirate Matthew!


Matthew and some of his buddies



Matthew,

Happy birthday, sweet boy. I cannot believe you are seven. It seems like just yesterday you were cuddling in my arms and wouldn't leave my side! Your daddy and I are so proud of the young man you are becoming. You are very social and love being around your friends. You enjoy life and bring such happiness to our family. You have a smile that lights up a room, you love being silly and you don't like to disappoint. You are hard working and always try your best. We are so thankful for you and what you add to our family. We feel blessed that you came to know Christ this past year and can't wait to see what he has in store for you. Hugs to our special boy as you turn seven!


2 comments:

wilsonfamily said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Matthew! What a fun party. I know you had a blast. J-we would still like to see you guys before school start if you have the time. Hope you are all doing well.

wilsonfamily said...

Ps. I don't know if this is your backyard/pool or not? If so, it is so beautiful! You have great taste, Jenny.