On April 3 we had several tornados break out across North Texas. As I was headed to pick Molly up at school, my friend called and told me the tornado sirens were going off in town. I was in a different city about 20 minutes away and started to panic. There was no way I was stopping unless I saw a tornado! I made it to her school and they were recommending that we stay there at school. All the teachers and children were in the kitchen area located in the middle of the school. There was rotation located just 5 miles away. Molly and I stayed there. It was the longest hour...not being able to talk to Richard because of bad cell service and knowing that Matthew was at his school and I couldn't get to him. We heard the hail...it was so loud and lasted for what seemed like forever. When the hail stopped, we all got a glimpse of what the storm had left behind...baseball size hail. I wish I had a picture of what all the cars in the parking lot looked like. It looked like someone had gone through the parking lot with a baseball bat and hit all the cars. Mine looked terrible, but I had to drive it. I had to get to Matthew before the second round of storms came. I drove with my head out the drivers window and made it to his school. Once we were home, I realized just how lucky we had been. Cars are replaceable. I am so very thankful we were all okay. Thank you God for watching over us! So, after seven years with the Honda Pilot...we say goodbye. Yep...she was totalled. We are also scheduled for a new roof. Anyone want to come visit us next year during tornado season? I must say...I am excited about the replacement for the Honda though! We got a silver GMC Acadia. Love it!
as we enter adulthood...
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment