Saturday, April 21, 2012

Molly's Choctaw Campout with Daddy!

Molly had been counting down the days until she got to go on her first daddy/daughter campout.  Excited does not even begin to describe how this little girl felt!  Matthew has been going on campouts for a while now...she was ready for HER campout!  I want you to notice the matching clothes, bow and cute hair...it is the last time you will see it!  Daddy did not...I repeat...did not brush that poor girls hair all weekend!  When she got home on Sunday it was still in the same ponytail I sent her in!  We are going to have hair lessons before next campout (I kid...well, kind of).  She was dressed in her "blinged out" choctaw shirt hours before she and Richard left.  Richard is the chief for this tribe, so once again he had quite a bit of work to do before the campout!  This is his first time to be "chief" AND his first time to go camping with 26 little girls!  The weather was forecasting rain, so we ended up planning several crafts for them to do inside if the weather got bad.  Fortunately, the rain held off until Saturday night and Sunday morning.  Richard said they had the best time.  The girls got to go fishing, horseback riding with their daddys, and were instructed in shooting a bow and arrow and BB guns. 
In the commons, they had painting, beads for necklaces, coloring, stamping, games and stickers.  The chief reported there was also alot of playing in the sand making "sand castles" and looking for bugs.  The dads and daughters were also able to paint each others nails....I am so sad we don't have pictures from that!  I made sure I sent them with lots of bright colors!  On Saturday afternoon they also had a secret message trail for the girls.  Richard said it was great.  The two dads that were in charge used princesses in a story using the six aims (trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, citizenship, fairness and caring) and did a fantastic job. 
The biggest event of the weekend is the Choctaw ceremony on Saturday night.  The girls all got their faces painted, put on their vests and followed the chief down to the bonfire.  At the ceremony some awards were given out.  Molly got a bear claw for bravery and got to throw her training wheels in the fire since she just learned to ride without training wheels.  She was pretty proud and so was the chief!  All the girls and dads were inducted and the fireworks show topped off the night.  Unfortunately, the wind was terrible (look at the pics of Richard's headdress trying to blow off), but they made it through nonetheless! Molly was exhausted when she got home, but claimed she had the best weekend with her daddy! I am so glad they had this time to make memories together.  Molly is already asking when the next campout will be!


Tiger Lily








Tiger Lily and Thunder Bear













































































































No comments: