How can it have been 20 years since I graduated High School?! I really don't feel like it has been that long at all...especially when my friends and I get back together again. We just pick up right where we left off. I had such a great group of friends and I have so many wonderful memories of my time at AHS. Cheering at football games, painting signs in the gym, gymnastics meets, lunch, my youth group, Patterson's English class, etc. Honestly, I can't think of much that was bad about my high school experience. Yes, there are things I might do differently now, but overall it truly was a great time in my life. This past weekend some of us met for dinner before the Homecoming game. It is crazy to think we all have kids...a few were even playing in the high school football game on Friday night! After dinner we headed to the game. Badger football is a huge deal now. Every one in town goes to the games...even if their kids are grown! It was neat seeing how the town pulls together to support their high school team. My sweet sis came to the game and got to see everyone (we missed having Melissa there!). We had fun seeing how many cheers we could remember (believe it or not, the cheerleaders were still doing a lot of the same cheers!). Afterwards we all headed to Slim and Shorty's to catch up. I recognized everyone and really didn't think we had changed that much. Thank goodness for Kara, Nana and Papa Doc - they kept Matthew entertained all weekend while I spent time with my high school buddies.
On Saturday, there was a family picnic. I chose to miss that and go to see my memaw and papa since papa hasn't been doing well. I also got to meet Josh and Ashleigh's sweet baby boy, James. He is precious! I really enjoyed my time spent with them in Little Rock.
Saturday afternoon I helped decorate out at DeGray Lodge. Kristin did a great job with all the planning and everything looked great. I rode with Amanda and Kyle to the lodge that night since Richard and Molly were in Oklahoma at the Daddy/Daughter campout! Amanda and I have been friends since we were in 4th grade and I love her to pieces! We roomed together at OBU and I couldn't have picked a better roomie. We danced, laughed, reminiced and took lots of pictures. Love the Class of '94!

No comments:
Post a Comment