Sweet Molly turned seven! I still can't believe my baby girl is that old. We had a fun weekend celebrating her birthday. Nana and Papa Doc came for the weekend, so they got to join in on the celebrating. Molly decided several months ago she wanted to have her party at American Girl. This place is truly amazing! For the dinner party, each girl is supposed to bring her own doll to eat at the bistro with her. If she doesn't have one, then they get a "loaner" doll for the evening! Molly had been planning for weeks how her doll, Molly, was going to wear her hair. She was begging to go shopping for her a new outfit, but I kept putting her off knowing that Nana and Papa Doc had the perfect gift for her. I let them give her her present early. Guess what she got? Four new outfits for her doll. Plenty to choose from for the party. She was thrilled!
On the day of the party, we had all the girls meet at our house first for a craft. Each girl made a bracelet and a necklace they could take home with them. After we were done, we all loaded up and headed to the American Girl Store. The girls were so cute with their dolls. Before we headed into the bistro, we had a surprise for Molly. Aunt Kara wanted to get Molly's doll's ears pierced...so we all went and watched "Molly" get her ears pierced. After that, we headed to dinner. They had a large table reserved for our party in the bistro. Each girl got pink lemonade and had a special chair next to her for her doll. When it came time to order, everyone got their own appetizer. Anything from pretzel bites to spinach dip or fruit kabobs. Everything was delicious. Each girl also got to choose their main entrée off the menu. That was a feat just helping them all decide! I was so thankful I had Nana and Mrs. Cristy there to help out! It was so much fun watching the girls giggle and play with each other and their dolls. After lots of yummy food, they brought out the cake and we sang Happy Birthday to the cutest, most fun-loving seven year old I know! Each girl was given a goodie bag before they left that had a tshirt for their doll, a cup and saucer, balloon, book and mini gift bag. This was such a fun girlie-girl party. I think Molly will remember this one for sure! So thankful for all her sweet friends that helped her celebrate. Love you to the moon and back, Molly Girl!
Nana and Papa Doc also gave her a beautiful, antique ring.
On her actual birthday, she picked out her clothes (which happened to match her lovely black eye) and requested bacon and eggs for breakfast...yum! I got to have lunch with her and went back to celebrate with her class before school ended. She helped me decorate her cupcakes and I forgot to get a picture! They were chocolate (Nana's recipe) with Halloween sprinkles. She was super proud of them! We topped off the day with Mexican food at Anamias. Happy Birthday, Molly!

No comments:
Post a Comment