Monday, January 12, 2015

Back track...Pictures from Fall 2014 Choctaw Campouts!

How could I have missed this post?  I am going to post about it...even though it is out of order!  My kids look forward to this weekend with their daddy every year and I am so glad.  The daddy/daughter Choctaw campout was in October.  The girls had beautiful weather, which is a switch for them!  They always seem to get the cold, rainy campouts.  They were due a good-weather campout!  The girls competed in the annual Choctaw Olympics and Molly's team won!  They also got to go horseback riding, which doesn't always get to happen due to bad weather.  I don't think her hair was brushed all weekend or that her clothes matched, but that didn't matter because she had the time of her life! 
 







 
Matthew's Choctaw campout was in November and I think THEY got the coldest weekend ever!  The campsite even called a few days before and offered to refund their money due to the freezing cold temperatures that were projected.  What did those sons and dads think about that?  No way!  They packed lots of layers and several pairs of insulated underwear and headed to Oklahoma.  From what I heard, the cold weather didn't hamper their trip a bit.  These boys love competing in the Olympics.  I loved their shirts this year! 
 






 
So thankful for a daddy that takes time to go on these campouts with his kids.  This was the first campout that he didn't serve as the "Chief" for the girls tribe.  After 5 campouts, he decided to let someone else have the chance to lead the girls so he could hang out with Molly a little more.  Both campouts were a huge success!

No comments: