As I start this blog, my hope is that this will be a place where I can document not only the big things that happen in our life, but also the small things that remind us how blessed we truly are! God has given us two wonderful children, Matthew and Molly, and I consider them the greatest blessings in my life! They have enriched our lives more than we could have imagined. Let me start by documenting a little bit about each of them and what they are like right now.
Matthew is three years, nine months and is counting down the days until his fourth birthday. He is such a precious little boy (he would actually correct me and say, "No, I'm a Big Boy"). He is fun-loving, social, compassionate, caring, curious and full of energy. He is also somewhat of a pleaser. He doesn't really like for mommy or daddy to be upset with him. He likes to make us laugh when we are not happy with something he has done. He will go get his "silly teeth" or "silly glasses" and try to make us laugh. He will ask, "Are you happy now?" That is one of my favorite things that he does. How can you not smile and forget that you were upset? I guess I should add "creative" to his list of attributes!
He started preschool this year and has grown up so much in just a matter of months. He enjoys school and loves making friends. I always get good reports from his teacher with our only issue so far being that he sometimes just can't be still during naptime (not surprising). One of the first questions I ask when I pick him up is, "Did you earn your M&M's today?" (they earn 2 M&M's if they do good at naptime). He always at least earns one. Luckily, he has never been sent to the office...I think that would devastate him! Let's hope he keeps that mentality! I couldn't be more proud of him and his increasing independence. When he first started school I couldn't leave without him giving me ten kisses and ten hugs. Unfortunately, today was the first day he didn't even hug me goodbye! He just ran into class and began talking to his sweet teacher. I waited around thinking, surely he will blow me a kiss or something...after a few mintues, still nothing. I guess I would rather it be that way than have him crying at the door!
One thing that warms my heart is watching what a great big brother he is. From the beginning, he has been so loving and protective of Molly. The first thing he wants me to do in the morning is bring Molly over to lay with him while he watches a cartoon. He is so precious with her. He talks in his tender, baby voice with her and constantly wants to take care of her. Whenever she is upset, he can talk to her and she just becomes quiet and soothed (well, most of the time!). He can put such a big grin on her face and I can just tell she can't wait to be able to do the things he can do! We have always told him, even before she was born, that as her big brother he has a very big responsibility. He is to teach her things and always love and watch over her. He sure is living up to the task and I am so touched by the bond between them. Before I describe sweet Molly, there is one other memory I want to document and remember forever...It was the night before Matthew's third birthday. I was laying in his bed and I asked him to give me a kiss because it would be the last time he would give me a kiss as a two year old. I noticed that his eyes began to water and his bottom lip began to stick out. I asked what was wrong and he began to cry a little. He said, "I don't want to be three...I like being two." When I asked him why he said he didn’t want to grow up and be a daddy because then I wouldn’t play with him anymore. He said he liked being Matthew, so whenever he became a daddy he was going to try to go back to being a Matthew. He also said he didn’t want to leave home and leave mommy and daddy. Well, by now I am really crying and trying to not let him see. Of course, I told him mommy would always play with him and that he didn’t have to worry about leaving me because I would always live with him! We talked for several more minutes and I tried to convince him how wonderful being three would be. I treasure these times and love the discussions we have in his bed at night!
Molly is five and a half months old...I can't believe it! She is adorable and truly a treasure from God. Typically (I say that because she had a rough week last week when we were on vacation...very fussy which is unlike her!) she is a very happy baby! She has the most infectious grin that goes from ear to ear and her whole face lights up when she's happy. She loves to laugh, roll over, hang onto her feet and has just begun sucking on her toes...her new favorite toy! She also likes to hang onto both feet and roll from side to side. She is trying to "scoot" when she is on her tummy. She will pull her knees up under her and try to move towards whatever it is she wants. Everything is going to her mouth these days and she defintiely has a few favorite toys! She loves laying in her bed under her butterfly mobile, playing with her musical flowers, playing with her big brother of course, and has just begun to like her saucer. There is one toy in particular that she loves...it is one the Easter bunny brought her that attaches to her saucer. She has quite a grip and tends to pull that toy as close as she can to her mouth with an occasional hit to the face when it pops up because she loses her grip...doesn't deter our little girl though! She loves her passy and her fingers (fingers would definitely win over the passy, but mommy frequently pulls the fingers out and shoves in the passy!). I must admit, it is precious...she will suck on her thumb or her pointer finger and middle finger together. I need to get a picture of that!
She is very "passionate" when she gets upset. At times I just want to laugh (probably so I won't cry...). She will get so mad that I will think she is going to stop breathing! She can also get quite loud when she cries...we have been blessed with that from the beginning! However, when she squeals and "talks", it is typically pretty quiet and very high-pitched and "girly". It is so different from our sweet nephew, Ben, who is only five weeks older than Molly. He "screams" so loud and his pitch is so low!
My favorite time of the day with Molly would be when she first wakes up in the morning. She is so happy and grins from ear to ear when she sees me or her daddy come in the room. Those legs start kicking and she is ready to be loved on! Usually we bring her into our room and put her in our bed for a few mintues so she can roll around and love on us. Usually she will keep rolling back and forth from me to her daddy giving us each "hugs". If Matthew hears us he is right up there with us getting in on the action! Molly also loves rolling around in just a diaper and we just laugh at all of her chubby rolls! Right now she weighs about 15 lbs. 6 ounces and is still in her 3-6 month clothes. We are thankful she is "healthy"!
Well, at least I have started this blog...hopefully now I will be motivated to keep it up! I decided to name our blog, "Sweet Blessings" because I can't imagine life being any sweeter than it is right now...Matthew and Molly are the "sweetest blessings" we could have ever asked for. We thank God for them every day.

No comments:
Post a Comment