This past weekend we traveled to Arkansas for Nate and Zac's birthday party. Matthew was so exicted to see them and could not wait to go to their pirate party! On Saturday, we got to Nate and Zac's house early so that Matthew could go to Nate's tee ball practice. Matthew had a blast and practiced throwing and catching with Zac on the sidelines. I planned to help Kara before the party, but she already had everything done...I just kept the babies happy! The party was great. All three of the boys had a fun time running around on the playground, winning treasures, opening presents, and taking home their pirate loot.
We were excited to spend some time with Mamaw Shelia, Mama Ball, and Papaw Guy on Saturday at the birthday party. They were so sweet to come over and see us and we enjoyed the visit! Unfortunately, Molly was a little fussy...guess that is what teething and an ear infection can do to a little one!
I also enjoyed spending some time with Melissa on Friday night. After her kids were in bed (I say HER kids because daddy let Matthew stay up well past his bedtime!), we both drove out to the lake and got a Dr. Pepper just like the old days! For all my high school friends, you will appreciate this...Melissa showed up wearing her Joey McIntire shirt. It was priceless!
On Sunday, Kara, mom and I went to Little Rock to see my memaw and papa Harrington before we headed back to Dallas. Memaw has had a challenging few months and I was really anxious to spend some time with her. Sweet papa stayed for a little while until he had to leave to go preach at his church. Still preaching at 91...can you believe it? He is the most precious person and loves the Lord more than anyone I know. He has been taking such good care of memaw and that just makes me love him even more. Memaw was doing pretty well and we spent most of our time reminiscing and making her laugh! I will cherish that time we got to spend together...she is precious too!
All in all, it was a fast and furious weekend. We always enjoy our time with Nana and Papa Doc and appreciate the good home cooking and all the energy they put into the kiddos. Matthew loved playing outside, riding the battery-operated "dirt bike", playing with his cousins and catching caterpillars. Molly enjoyed all the attention and having someone her own size to communicate with! Ben is such a cutie!

No comments:
Post a Comment