Sunday, March 2, 2014

Christmas at Mamaw Shelia and Papaw Guy's

Our final Christmas celebration was with Mamaw Shelia, Papaw Guy, Mamaw Ball, Jason and Aunt Ashley and her girls.  Mamaw was so excited to see the kids...her face lit up when she saw them!  It was funny though, because you could tell she was not happy about something.  She couldn't figure out why Richard wasn't there.  He had gone to pick up the food and returned just a little bit later.  She definitely seemed settled once he was there.  I wish we had taken more pictures, but I think we got more video than anything.  Dinner was great, followed by Mamaw Ball's famous chocolate pie.  No matter how I try, I just can't make it like her.  After dessert we exchanged gifts.  Mamaw Shelia and Papaw Guy gave the most creative gift to all the grandkids...a coin bank that keeps count of how much money you have in it and a big bag of spare change.  Coin counting kept the kids busy for quite some time...quite clever!  We ended the day with lots of hugs and two exhausted kids.  Looking forward to Christmas 2014!
 


 





No comments: